Cardiology is a discipline of medicine that deals with diseases of heart and vessels.
Diseases that fall into the field of cardiology;
- Coronary Artery Diseases
- Valvular Diseases
- Hypertension, Heart disease due to hypertension
- Heart Failure
- Diseases of myocardium (Cardiomyopathies)
- Disorders of heart rhythm and conduction system (Arrhythmia, Blocks)
- Congenital Heart Diseases
- Circulation Disorders (Peripheral artery disease, Varices)
- Aneurysm of Aorta
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Diseases of Pericardium
- Intracardiac masses
- Follow up of patients who underwent cardiac surgery (Bypass, valve repair or prosthesis, repair of congenital heart diseases)
- Supervision of hypertension and heart diseases in pregnant women.
Following tests and studies are available in Cardiology Department of our hospital;
- Cardiac Stress Test
- Rhythm Holter
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring; these tests and examinations are used to diagnose, treat and follow up heart diseases and vascular diseases.
All vessels of the body can be examined with Advanced Imaging Tests in our Radiology unit.
- 5 Tesla Magnetic Resonance Imaging device allows angiography of the vessels of brain, lung and upper and lower extremities as well as carotid artery, aorta and renal, mesenteric and celiac vessels without using X-rays.
- Angiograms of coronary arteries and blood vessels of lung, kidney and upper and lower extremities can be obtained in high quality within a very short time, such 15 to 20 seconds, by 64-slice computerized tomography device.
- Color Doppler Ultrasound is used to diagnose diseases of the carotid artery, renal artery, peripheral arteries and the venous system.
Cardiology Check-up Program investigates the risks of cardiovascular disease in people who have not been diagnosed with a heart disease, and thus, up-to-date approaches are instituted to prevent onset of heart diseases according to the level of risk identified.